My Instagram account has my brightest smiles, my twitter account will show you how opinionated…
Hey! A very bright Good Morning to you all. I was writing a blog on Vincent Van Gogh for today but Abdul Bhai requested me to focus the words on Genres of Books. And once, I also wanted to write on this but delayed it because I thought you all must be aware of this.
So, if you are a reader or developing your interest in reading, it will be useful for you to know that there are various genres of reading. And those who don’t know must be thinking that most of the books are romance based which was also a misconception to me while I was studying in college.
First of all, there are two types of books: Fiction Books and Non-Fiction Books
These books are totally based upon the writer’s imagination but remember those imaginations have also a seed of reality. Means, the stories are imaginative but the incidence or the central idea of the story could be real.
Non- Fiction Books
These include books like Autobiographies, historical books, self-help books, encyclopedia, Books on financial knowledge, sales and marketing methods and there are a lot of to add in it.
Most of the people start reading from Non-Fiction Books. I also started my reading with books like Bhagwat Gita, Autobiography of Gandhiji, Vivekanand teaching, etc, and gradually started picking up fiction books too. I like reading stories before I sleep.
Fiction Books are imaginative stories. They are of following types
- Anthology (Collection of Poems, stories by different writers)
- Alternate History (Like Books of Amish Tripathi. He has his own history)
- Paranormal Activities/Horror stories
- Poetry Books
- Graphic Books (where things are explained through pictures)
- Sci-Fi Stories (Science-based stories)
- Children Books
- Collection of short stories
- Erotic Books (Sex, and all)
Many people find these books useless, but these books will help you with imagination, creativity and of course extend your horizon to think beyond the reality.
Non-Fictions are full of knowledge, enlightenment, awareness. A lot of people read self-help books when they feel a bit low. I have also read many years ago. I have all the books of Tony Robbins, Bhagwat Gita, Robin Sharma’s books, The secret and all. As a result, I used to feel motivated after reading them for a few days but that does not last long, reality will hit you sooner or later.
Do you know what, the best self-help book for you can only be written by you only and that too consistently. You need to turn pages of that book sometimes to remind yourself that if you won that battle of life, you can easily win this one too. The best self-help book is your own life.
So, various are the names of the Non-Fiction Books. Pick wisely!
- Architectural Books
- Historical Books (World history, Indian history)
- Self-Help Books
- Mythological Books (I cannot decide their category but felt best to keep it here)
- Encyclopedia of Science, etc.
- Autobiographies and Biographies
- Cooking Books
- Subject-wise Books like economics, polity, physics, maths, etc)
- Financial Knowledge Books like Investment methods, stock market, etc.
- Religion, Spirituality
- Travel Books
- Sports and Leisure
- Philosophy (Western and Indian Philosophy)
- Science and Technology (New Technologies etc)
- Guide Books (How to get up early, how to less procrastinate etc)
This is all the knowledge I had which I tried to sum up for you. Let me know if I have left anything. I will add to my knowledge. Hope you become a better reader and a better person with time.
Signing off Roger!